Wednesday, February 11, 2009

victoria grieves

inferno still rages in parts of Victoria.

it was so horrifying not only to see hundreds of thousands of acres turned into soot and ashes, yet also the enormous grief it brings to every creature affected, man and wildlife alike. lives lost, homes lost, hope lost. one of our colleague at work has lost a friend in the tragedy and it was just heartbreaking to see her so upset everytime the word "bushfire" mentioned. two of my patients today had to evacuate from their homes for the fear the fire is drawing close. i didn't know what to say to them. thankfully penny was there to help me fill in the awkward silence.

it got me thinking how fortunate we are in comparison, to have something more than just the clothes on our bodies. show some support, shall we? lend helping hands. donate. give blood. send prayers. encourage. do what we can.

images courtesy of Herald Sun

1 comment:

kenny.W said...

Be turely and honestyly dead and destroy is not that terrible.(because I try it before)
The upset feeling is from those people who still alive not from the body.
Anyway the new life and chance is come from there.(I think)
If no one dead where is the born???

BTW I did donation and blood donate just few mouth before
I think my $ will not go to the disaster zone but my blood will go that la hehehe