Wednesday, July 20, 2011

after God's heart

dear Lord, You chose to love me
there is no escaping Your love

a battle within me, torn my insides apart
heart aching, wanting yet not willing

my soul cries for Your fellowship
my spirit groans for an intimacy

too long have i denied those yearnings
my spirit's longing, my soul's desire

my flesh would not yield, it would not let go
of what it had loved, self and ego

too late to go back, for no longer i belong
once i tasted Your sweet love, there is no turning back

where can i go from Your Spirit?
where can i flee from Your presence?

finally surrendering i come
not by might, not by strength, but by Your Spirit o Lord

draw me near for i want to love You
to be in the embrace of Your presence once again

to feel the joy of meeting You face to face
to drown in Your love, to lose myself in You

so here i am, take it all
i am learning to let go
so that i can love You

with all of my heart
with all of my soul
with all of my mind

No comments: