Monday, December 21, 2009

mozzie bites :(

four days and a dozen mozzie bites later.

i went out with dear old friend yesterday, trying to catch up with each other over some korean BBQ. went home smelling of ox-tongue and pork ribs instead of the l'eau d'issey i originally wore, went home with a full tummy and a much fuller heart. the conversations, again, just like the conversation i had with sis and jessie during her stay-over, reminded me of how we all have grown up and matured over the years passed. duh, it is the end of the year indeed. i cannot stop reflecting back on my life whenever i have the opportunity. have been so really blessed :)

so, the boys dropped me off at dad's shop since dad and mum and sis and bro were out having dinner just on the roadside across the shop. met ma cuz and made appointment to go out with her tomorrow. she's changed too, we've all grown up, each in our own ways.

this phase somehow feels like a different stage of our lives. and it is! the first happy-go-lucky quarter has passed, now it's time to start thinking about different things, more serious things, things of the future, and such thoughts scare me sometimes, filling me with doubts if i will ever be able to go through it...

God knows best, though. i went to my old church yesterday morning and did not expect much from the sermon, however it caught me by surprise when the evangelist said that this is the time we need to know JC better and deeper, in a more intimate way. it's like confirming, yes, allie, you need to grow more. He knows my worries, and He wants me to know Him more so i can trust in Him more. just like yesterday, it was raining cats and dogs, absolutely pouring, anthony had to ran and brought the car to the front of the resto for us, and it literally cleared up when we reached the gates of my home complex. i jokingly said to him, "God knows that i am going home, He made the rain stops" and we all just laughed. but i truly believe God takes care of me to the littlest of things, like the rain.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you"


...i am thankful i've known JC, for in Christ alone i have my hope and my strength. He is my Saviour, my Redeemer, my Lord, my King, my Shepherd, my friend.

No comments: