Thursday, January 29, 2009

43 degrees

the heat wave finally reached the city, roasting and toasting every Melburnians to suffocation and asphyxiation. imagine 14th floor balcony at midnight, you would expect it to be rather cool and maybe chilly, but last night no, it wasn't. as i slid open my window while rolling on my new favourite spot, in an attempt to get some fresh air into the stuffy apartment cube as well as my lungs, instead, a breeze of warm wind welcomed my face, making me slamming the window shut again in reflex.

with my preference to temperate weather, i am one of the first few people who'd die under this hot spell. (okay i'm exaggerating but you get what i mean)

nevertheless, during the very same week every mercury in town rose to the 40 markers, God answered my prayers, in His perfect timing. i start work tomorrow (yay!). although, i am not to keen to travel in this kind of weather... work is from 8.30 to 5... i won't be able to have more afternoon naps... and i will be so tired after work i wish there would be someone to do my dinner and dishes and laundry and so on and so forth... complaints began to gush out in a stream of endless nonsense...

tsk, come on, i should be thankful, shouldn't i? i thought this is what i want. of course the job will come with its consequences in a package, just like how instant noodles come hand in hand with the health risks it poses due to its abundance in synthetic ingredients.

these trivial complaints of such unnecessary and (mostly) unrelated matters got me thinking, maybe sometimes God doesn't answer prayer straight away because He knows i will give Him attitude, trying to tell Him, "yeah thanks for the blessing but didn't i ask for something more like this or it would be better like this" therefore, He'd rather wait until my heart is ready (just like Ko Sandi said). afterall, who am i to instruct God?

another lesson learned on how to accept blessing.
with faith, humility, gratitude, sincere joy. and no complaints!

thank you, Lord!

luv Ya~
xoxo Allie

1 comment:

kenny.W said...

Your essay always deeply impression me. you using many visual metaphor in it. It make the word more tangible.
Good job DR T