Wednesday, October 8, 2008

the devil doesnt like it

one thing i learned long time ago but just recently realized that it actually happens, is that the devil doesnt like it when you are encouraged to grow in the Lord.

there will always be something, may it be circumstances, people, problems, disappointment or whatever, that brings you down, hinders you and stops you from coming to the Lord, when you are just about to be one step closer to Him.

everytime we level up spiritually, something is bound to happen.

my something was...

losing my wallet on sunday! right after i found my reason to keep going!

surprise surprise! i didnt even think of it that way until today's kudo. but what c yuli was saying regarding this matter rang a bell in my head. it's like "oooh maybe that's why it happened..." i'm not putting all the blame to the devil. well, he is to blame for all the corruption in this world, but arent we humans are to blame to? we have free will to choose which one we want to follow yet we still chose him instead of HIM.

anyway, before i went too far off the track, yeah maybe i lost my wallet because the devil didn't like it to see me encouraged to keep serving my Lord (plus my own carelessness :p). but I THANK GOD, coz... it was not too troublesome at all for me to get my cards back. i made few phone calls, visited few places (which luckily are all in the city) and by today i have regained my student card, bank cards, medibank cards, apartment access cards and stuff. and there were so many people lent me a helping hand, some two. i am grateful.

so, the lesson learned today is not merely "everytime we level up spiritually, something is bound to happen" but most importantly to "hang in there when it happens" coz God is with us through it all. what's more, to quote what one of my friend was saying "even [the] more reason to keep going cos it means u're heading in the rite direction!"

...and, final advice...

dont ever put ur bag behind your back!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I totally could relate to what u have experienced. and I lost my wallet and credit card in almost similar circumstances too...

and nowadays.. the more i put my trust in the Lord over something.. that particular something got myself more confused and upset..
well..

but at least we have hope and faith, which keeps us going . Cheers sis. GBU