Sunday, October 5, 2008

the reason to keep going

i have been a translator for about 2 years.

it is not that i'm getting sick of this ministry nor i am bored nor tired of doing it. i still love it. yet, there are times when i feel unsure of what am i actually doing, week by week, sitting there at the very back of the auditorium, translating the words of our beloved KD, ko denny and many other excellent servants of God who came to preach in our church.

questions like, "am i doing a good job? do people actually understand me?" and most importantly, "was the message delivered properly?" keep popping out in my head.

just this afternoon, after the service, c yuli introduced me to david, a lovely old chap who uses translation every week and what he said encouraged me so much. a simple "i was blessed" and "i understand very clearly" were all that i need. it has not been in vain, my partaking in God's grand scheme for this world.

i THANK GOD for giving me the reason to keep going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you job in church was excellent and awesome for me . you translation was the best so fast in there i think...

before I was alway want to say think you to the translator but I was sitting in the front side of the auditorium and you was sitting at the very back of the auditorium. cause of that I can't see who do this job la .some time the preach finish you will leavening very quickly too, I don't know who do this beautiful job!!!

i know that you was sitting in the back doing a good job but nobody know!! it is very bored , bad feeling and difficult too!! and two more thing:
1. translate other language to be English was very hard I think!!
if the pastor saying Chinese , ask me the translate it to be English will be super hard la . that's why I call it awesome job !!!!

2. you translation in church was very clear, the word you are using are quite easy for me and pronounce is quite right at least i think so ( i mean you don't have Indonesia accent)