Saturday, October 18, 2008

tired

it's Saturday. not even 7 in the morning yet and i am wide awake, with some aching muscle and slight runny nose. God, i hope i'm not falling sick. i rolled and rolled in my bed yet i couldnt go back to sleep coz my body clock has been unwillingly conditioned to wake up at 6 something. so i crept out from bed to my desk and said hi to my lovely pc.

yesterday L shared about her week in FA.
and to my delight she posted it online.
it has been a blessing to me to see my sis grows in the Lord~

as she has pointed out, this is the final weeks of the semester for us, students. it's a difficult time for every type of student. those who has been working hard will put more effort to finish all assignments and studying for finals. those who has not been working hard will start to work hard to catch up.

in terms of revision, i have plenty to catch up. many times i wanted to study after a long day of clinic and church, i ended up falling asleep, just because my body couldnt take the physical strain anymore. life is not just mere uni, but also ministry, grocery shopping, cooking, laundry and taking care of my freaking hardworking sis who wouldn't remember to eat when she has turned her working mode on.

take mondays for example, i go to knox to work in the clinic from 8.30 to 5, so i need to wake up at 6, get ready and catch the 7.17 train from flinders, then after a long day of drilling and filling, hurry back to the city for menado and discipleship, then cook the very-late-dinner (probably should call it supper) and sometimes has no strength already to do the dishes. i'll be thinking, "man, i'm bloody tired... i need a break..." so i'll just go online for a while, check facebook, some blogs i follow for new updates, realestate.com.au (which has been my favourite website for the past month)... and then sleep coz the next morning similar sort of cycle repeats. study? it has to be either forced or squeezed somewhere.

however, considering the crazy cycle i have to go through everyday, i still can smile. i am still absolutely healthy today although kinda drained physically. i am still sane and have perfectly sound mind to process all those therapeutic guidelines, endodontic diagnosis, dental materials and whatever study i can squeeze in. i am really grateful for the mini quizzes i have with bambi on the train back from knox and whitehorse. it's a good revision for both of us and it makes revising so much fun. you wouldnt imagine how much i hated him for his sleaziness years ago. now i treasure him for all that he is has shaped me into the me who can withstand any person, hehe.

everyone is tired. it's not just me.
but L's sharing really strengthened me.
especially what she said after all her doodads.
"i'll be fine, He's with me" (L, 2008)

I THANK GOD :)

yes, i am ready for a new day.

No comments: